Updated: June 18, 2018
ACCESS TO SLACK CONVERSATIONS
10655619 Canada Corp. ("Crescendo") asks your permission to access your Slack conversations. You can always revoke access at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you revoke access, Crescendo will no longer retain information about your data, or have access to it.
Crescendo does NOT sell your data, individually or in aggregated form.
Your data is stored in our secured servers. Some of your data may be sent to vetted third parties to assist with providing you with the Crescendo services. Separately, we retain the right to share data with government agencies to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
Access to your data allows Crescendo to learn about your potential unconscious biases which helps us provide you with more relevant content, making it easier for you to learn about other people's perspectives.
DATA USE REGARDING SLACK
DATA USE REGARDING MICROSOFT
Crescendo is built on Microsoft Azure and, as such, your data will interact with various services within Azure. These are subject to Microsoft's Online Services Terms, which you can download here.
We restrict access of your personal information to Crescendo employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us. All of these individuals are subjected to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
You can cancel your service with Crescendo at any time.
TERMINATION OF SERVICE
Crescendo reserves the right to terminate the service at any time — for any reason.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
THE RIGHTS OF USERS
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner (YOU).
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
Withdraw their consent at any time:
- Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
Object to processing of their Data:
- Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
Access their Data:
- Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
Verify and seek rectification:
- Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
Restrict the processing of their Data:
- Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed:
- Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller:
- Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User's consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
Lodge a complaint:
- Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Details about the right to object to processing:
- Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the Owner or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
- Users must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether the Owner is processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
How to exercise these rights:
- Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner via email at email@example.com. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible and always within one month.